Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What a weekend!

So my birthday was on Saturday! I no longer can call myself a teenager. I'm still too young to go to the bar or rent a car, but hey i'm 20 and that's amazing!




(Thank you Cathy at Tundra Tantrum for the picture)

As you could imagine, Rea, Zach, and I had a very long exciting weekend. It started on Friday night. Maija picked me up and we attended a candle party. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard. Zach stayed home with the baby, but I later found out that he asked Charlotte to help him out and ended up just sleeping most of the time. I wasn't mad though, I mean how could I be? I finally had a girl's night out and Zach finally stayed home. As soon as I got home, I knew I had to go to bed, because Saturday was my birthday and after we got up, we had to go to Maija's house to get ready for Dean's twins to come in and for my birthday dinner. After the twins and my 'sister' Charm and godson Aiden came in, we started getting ready for my birthday dinner. Maija made flowers out of the paper you put into presents to hide them (I can't think of the word) and hung them on the ceiling. We ate hot dogs and hamburgers as well as macaroni salad and potato skins, then I got to blow out my ONE candle. That's all Maija would let me have, which at first I thought wasn't fair. Then I realized maybe it's because I have too many candles, because I am getting so OLD! So I smiled and blew it out. On Saturday night, my cousin Ariel babysat Rea and Aiden (who will be 2 in July). Ariana, Charm, Zach, Blanche, Echo, Jake, Alan, and I hung out at Ariana's house, where we played games and laughed, and danced. Before the night got over, Zach, Echo, Alan, and Jake decided that they are the "four best friends that anyone could have, they're the four best friends that anyone could have" And of course, since Alan and Echo already gave each other mohawks, Zach and Jake had to have them to! Ariana dug out her dad's clippers, that we couldn't find the guard for. Jake took the plunge first, and Alan started to chop his hair off, I got to finish his mohawk and since Alan cut it somewhat crooked, it goes from being nice and straight and wide in the front to almost a point in the back. It's hilarious. I didn't finish Zach's hair, I just started it and Alan finished it. His mohawk is a little off to the side but it's pretty straight. We still need to trim the back of his hair though, becuase he is monkey-like and his hair is too long in the back. So once again Zach has an ugly mohawk and I can't do anything about it. I think Zach and Jake look WAY more awesome than Alan and Echo, becuase we didn't use a guard on Zach and Jake and their hair was WAY longer to begin with. Echo's hair though is very crooked! It's so funny, especially since I didn't notice how crooked it was until Sunday night when we went to their house for dinner. (I don't have any pictures, but when if I do get some, I will post them for sure)On Sunday, I got up at about 9 because I could hear Aiden, and Rea was being a wiggle worm, which is what she does for about 15 minutes before she actually wakes up. So I got up and brought Aiden downstairs to my mom who was just getting up and I brought Rea down so she could eat too. Of course I fed her and took her right back upstairs to sleep. We didn't get back up till almost one, then I realized that Max's birthday party started at two and I knew for sure Maija would need help. So I got dressed and rushed over to her house baby in the moby and a diaper bag that I didn't even bother checking for everything. When kids started showing up, Maija was still working on the clues for the pokemon scavenger hunt, so I played tag outside with the kiddos. I don't remember the last time I actually ran like that! After Maija finished the clues, Jake and I hung them up, well I hung them up and Jake HID them! During the scavenger hunt, my team couldn't find one clue, because Jake hid it in up in a corner under the roof of a shack behind Maija and Dean's. Jake's team ended up winning, but only because he cheated!! After the excitment of Max's birthday party, the kiddos were off to kid's club, which is at the baptist church on front street. Maija, Charm, and I cleaned up the stuff from Max's party and got ready for Maddisen's party, she was supposed to have a movie theme, but we decided to do girly stuff like make pretty headbands and clips. Maddie's party was much more suttle and fun, for me anyway. Through out the day, Rea was loved by everyone, even though she slept on the couch most of the time. After the parties were over, we went to Blanche and Echo's and ate sloppy Joes, they were SOOOOO good, since I hadn't had one in I don't know how long. On Sunday night, Rea didn't seem like she was feeling too well, and all night she was still not better, so yesterday I stayed home from work with her and now she's doing a lot better. We're back at work today and she's sleeping in my arms.

Here is the feather cilp that I made for Rea at Maddisen's party!

I ALMOST forgot that Zach bought a car this weekend!! A REALLY old Tahoe. It's hilarious, I think I am going to name him Felix Augusto Greist. Just don't tell Zach ;)

4 comments:

  1. Candle party? Haha...those were some funky candles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, love the name of your car. He needs some rustoleum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tissue Paper Flowers. And uhm...use paragraphs next time!

    ReplyDelete