Friday, May 21, 2010

you call it spring, we can't...

I woke up this morning, in a fairly good mood... I mean considering the fact that I get up at least 3 times every night to feed Rea, being in a fairly good mood when I HAVE to wake up for work is awesome! (This one is Maija's absolute favorite picture!)
And then I went downstairs... WOW there was a thin layer of snow on the ground, needless to say, my fairly good mood turned into an grunt and "ugh I do NOT want to go to work today" Of course I had to take a shower this morning too, since the season finale of Grey's Anatomy was on and didn't end until 10 pm. I managed to jump in the shower though, without too much procrastination, then Zach brought Rea (who was soundly asleep) downstairs to take a shower with me. He undressed her and took off her diaper while she squirmed and wiggled and grunted her "i'm so mad at you" grunt. She normally LOVES showers and baths and doesn't even mind when I accidentaly get water on her face, but today, she did not appreciate that we woke her up and put her straight into the shower. As soon as I started getting her wet, she looked up to me with a 'mom why are you doing this to me?' look and I felt extremely bad. After the shower her daddy got her dressed and put her in her my little lamb swing and she fell right back asleep. After finally getting everything ready for work, I was already 15 minutes late and I realized I didn't even eat breakfast. So I wrapped the moby around myself and once again woke up my poor chubby girl to put her hat on her and stuff her into the moby. She cried almost all the way to A.C., but fell asleep right before I stopped the car. After finally getting to work, it was already almost 8:30. Of course Yogie (my supervisor) wanted Rea, and I was willing to sacrifice possibly making her mad one more time this morning. Normally if she's sleeping when I get to work I just leave her in the moby and do whatever I need to, but she really likes Yogie and gets very comfortable very quickly. I pulled her out of the moby with only a couple of grunts. She fell right back asleep as soon as Yogie let her lay on her chest. After a few minutes Yogie had to bring her back to me, so she slept in my left arm while I did my work on the computer with my right hand. Then Saima texted me and asked me to bring her to her house after Rea got done eating. I brought her over and now she's visiting Saima and Clara.
My day is slowly getting better. Right now i'm on the phone with my B.F.F. Jessa trying to figure out when she can come visit us. I ate an egg sandwhich and now K-Love is finally working. I sent out an e-mail to a bunch of people to brighten their days and here it is, to maybe brighten your day too (=
"life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." -Anonymous
"the best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up." -Paul Valery
"How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively." - Norman Vincent Peale

"There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all." -Anonymous

SO happy spring to all of you, even though 33 miles above the arctic circle, it is snowing. Eventually the sun will shine and the snow will melt.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little one you have there, and I do believe she has a pretty sweet mother as well. I found your blog by way of your sister's, and even though it's now fall instead of spring, you've certainly brightened my day with pictures of Rea Sunshine.
    Rebecca NC

    ReplyDelete